Many people find that they hardly read any books for the soul. Most of the time is spent reading articles, and publishers for work, and there is no energy or time left for fiction. Although they used to read one book after another, the reason for this is unclear. I’m Dustin Bratten from wowessays and in this article, we will figure out how to learn to read more books, despite your daily workload and fatigue.
- Don't force yourself to read because you have to, do it only for pleasure. Reading for work is something we don't consider. I'm talking about the bestseller books that your friends and relatives advised you, but for some reason you don't want to read them. This is not a textbook, which must necessarily read and memorize. In that case, just take another book.
- Use every free minute to read a book. Work and household chores take up almost the entire day. In the evening you just want to lie in bed and stare at the TV. But it's better to watch one episode less and read an interesting book. Moreover, reading is much faster and better relax you than watching YouTube. This tip can also be useful for relieving stress and getting rid of insomnia.
- While reading, do not be distracted by other things. More often than not, we can be distracted from reading by phone alerts, phone calls, the habit of constantly checking email, and other things. So it's best to put everything aside, turn off the sound on your phone, and immerse yourself completely in reading.
- Read books together with friends or loved ones. Discussing a story together will motivate you to read even more and harder. After all, what could be more fun than coming up with new thoughts, reasoning, or arguing about the chapter you just read.
- Train yourself to read every day. Read for at least 10 minutes every day to quickly get used to the process and make it a good habit. Every evening or morning you'll know you need to make time for a book and you won't forget to read. And after that, you won't be able to tear yourself away from the process.
- If you've read half a book and it doesn't interest you anymore, feel free to start reading another one. You read for yourself, so it's important that the book captivates you and you don't force yourself to finish it just to finish it. Books are not vitamins to force you to eat them every day.
- Don't rush to read too much. It's quality, not quantity, that counts. If you read slowly and it takes you about a month to get through a book, there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like you need to pass a standard, so read at your own pace and don't chase the numbers.
- Look for unusual, surprising books. There are many rankings and selections of books on various topics. You're sure to find some works that you'll want to read on the same day. Get inspired to read and gain new knowledge.
If you like this article, feel free to check my other essay topics. In any endeavor, even reading, it's important to make time in your schedule and fully immerse yourself in the process. Finding a fascinating book and friends willing to read it with you won't be a problem.