CapCut is a video editing app that works on both Android and iOS. It has increased in popularity among consumers, particularly among TikTok users. Trimming, dividing, and reverting are just a few of the fundamental modifications you may make with this software. It also has a variety of lenses, transitions, messages, stickers, background music, and other features.
CapCut gives you two options for speed control, "Normal" and "Curve." The first selection allows users to change the video's overall speed, and you can change the velocity with the "Curve" option. To put it another way, you may modify the speed of different areas of a video simultaneously. For example, if a movie is sixteen seconds long, you can slow it down the first six seconds and afterward increase speed for the last ten seconds, depending on the needs. The video is more imaginative and entertaining, thanks to the velocity tool.
How to Use CapCut to Make a Velocity Edit?
If you would like to edit a video clip on CapCut, make sure you first enable the edit menu by clicking the video; otherwise, the standard menu will appear at the bottom. It's enjoyable and straightforward to do a velocity edit in CapCut.
- Your video will be added to the Timeline: You Tap on New Project which leads to your gallery. Choose a video you want to add and click on "Add," which shall be displayed at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- The edit menu must be activated: Once you have selected and added it to the timeline, tap on "Edit" displayed at the bottom left corner of your screen. This will activate the edit menu.
- To select "Curve", tap on "Speed": Once you have tapped on "Speed", you will be presented with two options at the bottom. The two options are Curve and Normal. The curve option is feasible for velocity editing, and Normal stands for the standard speed settings. We have to select "curve".
- Select "Custom" and tap it once more to access the beats: Nowhere, you shall see five beats. It means that the video has split into five symmetrical portions.
- You need to adjust the speed as per your preference: To increase the speed of a given section, you need to drag the beat point upwards. The same goes for slowing the speed, only in this case drag it downwards.
There is also an option for you to either add or remove beats. To do so, the play head is to be placed right where you wish to add or remove a beat. Then tap on either Add Beat or Delete/ Remove Beat on the right side of the play button.
The final step is to add effects: Once you have completed the steps mentioned above, click on the tick button displayed at the bottom. This will help you apply effects.