EpCAM Antagonists Market: Introduction
- Epithelial cell adhesion molecule (EpCAM), is a cell surface protein or antigen, which is considered a highly expressed element in most key cancer types, including prostate, breast, colon, lung, gastric, ovarian, and pancreatic cancer. Consequently, EpCAM antagonists are considered as well-established and an ideal therapeutic target and market for cancer of epithelial origin.
- EpCAM, as its name suggests, is involved in cell adhesion through Ca2+-independent hemophilic cell-cell adhesion in cells, which normally lack cell-cell interactions. EpCAM modulate other CAM functions and weakens E-Cadherin-mediated intercellular adhesion through minimized stability. Moreover, contact inhibition and polarization, which are basic epithelial features, are less strong in EpCAM-expressing cells. Finally, cell migration and motility are attenuated in murine knock-out cells, suggesting that EpCAM plays a major role in cancer cell invasion and metastasis, and that, in cancer cells, where EpCAM is over-expressed, it acts as a negative regulator of adhesion. EpCAM expression is associated with an unfavorable prognosis in the basal like triple negative breast cancers and luminal B subtypes, while in the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2+) subtype, it is concerned with a favorable prognosis.
- Rise in focus of leading players on research development activities and technological advancements in the healthcare sector are projected to propel the global EpCAM antagonists market during the forecast period
Request Brochure for Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=Brep_id=4678
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global EpCAM Antagonists Market
- Significant rise in prevalence of different types of cancers across the globe is a key factor that is estimated to fuel the global EpCAM antagonists market during the forecast period. Furthermore, rise in government initiatives and spending on research development activities for cancer treatment are estimated to propel the global market in the next few years.
- Furthermore, consistent development in the field of recombinant DNA technology is projected to offer promising opportunities for key players operating in the global market for EpCAM antagonists
- However, a lack of awareness regarding the availability of advanced therapeutics, especially in developing economies, and the high cost of overall cancer treatments are key factors that are likely to restrain the global EpCAM antagonists market in the next few years.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on EpCAM Antagonists Market –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global EpCAM Antagonists Market
In terms of region, the global EpCAM antagonists market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa. North America is projected to lead the overall market and account for a large share during the forecast period. The presence of a large number of leading players operating in this region is a major factor that is estimated to fuel the EpCAM antagonists market in the next few years. Furthermore, a rise in the number of cancer cases in the region is another factor boosting the market in the next few years. On the other hand, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand considerably in the next few years.
Pre book Market Report -
Key Players Operating in Global EpCAM Antagonists Market
The EpCAM antagonists market is moderately competitive and includes major players. Increase in number of players entering the global market and focusing on research development activities are some factors that are estimated to boost the global EpCAM antagonists market during the forecast period. Major players operating in the global EpCAM Antagonists market are:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Amgen, Inc.
- Fresenius Biotech
- The University of Hong Kong
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Trion Pharma GmbH
Ask for Discount :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453