Barrier Paper Prevents Waste Generation in FB Industry
In the present times, one of the key concerns in the food beverages industry is prevention of food wastage. Hence, manufacturers in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are developing innovative barrier papers that help to reduce food wastage. For instance, Mitsubishi Hitec Paper Europe – a provider of specialty papers has gained expertise in ‘barricote barrier’ that are unique barrier papers extensively used in flexible packaging.
In terms of end use, the food segment of the functional and barrier coatings for paper market is estimated to reach an output of ~482,900 tons by the end of 2027. Thus, it is inevitable for manufacturers in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market to gain increased expertise in sustainable raw materials that prevent food wastage.
Unique barrier papers are gaining popularity for protection against vapor, aroma, and mineral oil migration. Companies in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are increasing production capacities to produce fully recyclable barrier papers.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=75351ltype=S
Environment-friendly Packaging with Barrier Coatings Fight Plastic Waste
Companies in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are looking beyond linear economy models, and are increasing efforts to fight plastic waste. For instance, Japanese manufacturer of materials, Kuraray, revealed that the company is aiming to fight plastic waste by introducing environment-friendly packaging with barrier coatings, such as EXCEVAL™ to increase the availability of packaging solutions for the paper industry.
Since plastic is causing strain on the environment, manufacturers in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are introducing innovative packaging materials to address this issue. The aim to achieve reusable and recyclable plastic packaging by 2030 in the European Union is garnering the attention of manufacturers in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market. Thus, to create solutions in the current scenario, manufacturers are leveraging the advantages of specialty papers to contribute toward environment-friendly packaging solutions. Manufacturers in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are increasing research efforts to develop high-performance barrier coatings using copolymers as a potential alternative to conventional plastic materials.
Fiber-based Systems Use Repulpable Paper to Offer Unique Packaging Solutions
Repulpable paper packaging is another concern for manufacturers in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market. Renewed focus on paper materials has increased awareness about eco-friendly fiber-based solutions that are replacing plastic straws, disposable cups, bottles, and the likes. Companies in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are increasing their efficacy in technologies that replace paraffin wax in paper materials and are exploring techniques that replace fluorocarbon for grease barriers in food-service applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies in the functional and barrier coatings for paper market are introducing novel materials such as barrier biowaxes that are not only used in food and beverages but also in other applications. They are streamlining their production activities to produce final system designs consisting of one to three different coatings that serve different functions, as per the end producers’ requirements. The trend of fiber-based materials is gaining the attention of manufacturers in order to contribute toward the development of repulpable paper materials.
Packaging Innovations in Water-based Barrier Coatings to Drive Market
The functional and barrier coatings for paper market is largely fragmented, since tier 2 regional and local companies account for ~70-75% of the market share. Thus, leading players are facing tough competition from emerging players. However, lack of clarity and understanding toward regulations pose as a challenge for market players. For instance, Asia Pacific accounts for the share of the functional and barrier coatings for paper market. India being one of the fastest growing economies in Asia Pacific faces challenges when it comes to compliance with regulations. This phenomenon has stunted the pace of innovation in India functional and barrier coatings for paper market.
In order to increase awareness about regulations in the India functional and barrier coatings for paper market, manufacturers are leading by example and are increasing RD to develop water-based barrier coatings to promote sustainability. These novel innovations are replacing conventional plastic bags and cups.
Functional and Barrier Coatings for Paper Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the functional and barrier coatings for paper market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, continuous rising demand for functional and barrier coating for paper in packaging applications is anticipated to drive growth of the global market. The use of barrier coating in place of adding barrier layers on paper cuts down production costs, and saves time within the supply chain.
Rising Applications in Food Packaging to Boost Use of Functional and Barrier Coatings for Paper
- Paper is lightweight and offers recyclability for various applications such as printing, writing, packaging, and household products, among others. However, porosity and hydrophilicity of paper as a substrate may impose complications such as permeation of gases, water, and oils, especially for packaging applications. Control over wetting and barrier properties is essential to maintain the mechanical properties and shape of a package, which limits the quality loss of packaged goods and fiber swelling. These functionalities can be improved by internal sizing or treatment of paper with external functional and barrier coatings.
- Functional and barrier coatings for paper find application in end-use industries such as food, beverages, personal care, and pharmaceuticals. Most food products are packaged in boxes, labels tags, and folding cartons that are coated with functional and barrier coatings. This is necessary as these packages that often come in contact with vapor and moisture.
- Prominently used functional and barrier coatings for paper include poly and pigment coatings, attributable to their high barrier properties concerning shelf-life requirements. Furthermore, multi-layer packaging formats are vulnerable to non-recyclability and non-biodegradability. With increasing research development activities, printing and packaging suppliers can offer solutions with a longer shelf-life along with improved user experience with the help of functional and barrier coatings. These factors draw consumers’ attraction towards the aesthetic appeal of the packaged products, along with improving functional and barrier properties of the packaging.
- Packaging converters use functional and barrier coatings for paper to improve aesthetics and preserve product quality and integrity. Functional and barrier coatings for paper reduce the chances of transmission of air, moisture, as well as flavor in or from the package. These coatings can be applied to boxes, folding cartons, and other packaging printing substrates to improve their performance.
TMR’s market research reports on the packaging sector provides a holistic analysis of evolution of the industry starting from ancient times. The conceptualization of e-commerce, which, today, is the backbone of growth of the packaging sector, and accounts for novel trends in this business sector are discussed at length in our reports. Rapid penetration of next-gen technologies, which has both pros and cons in terms of efficiency and cost respectively are thoroughly discussed in our reports curated for the packaging sector.
TMR is a leader in the market research space providing end-to-end business solutions and consulting services. TMR operates from its own office space of almost 10,000 sq. ft located in a prime commercial complex at Pune. We serve clients in 150 countries with an approach to deep dive into the economic aspects and geographical nuances for unfailing business intelligence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org