The correct use of pallets should be to pack the goods stacked on the pallets with appropriate bundling and wrapping, so as to facilitate mechanical loading and unloading and transportation, so as to meet the requirements of loading and unloading, transportation and storage.
（1） The weight of the pallet
The loading mass of each pallet shall be less than or equal to 2 tons. In order to ensure the safety during transportation, the height of the center of gravity of the loaded goods should not exceed two thirds of the width of the pallet.
（2） Palletized goods stacking mode
According to the type of the goods, the quality of the goods on the pallet and the size of the pallet, the stacking mode of the goods on the pallet is reasonably determined. The utilization rate of loading surface area of pallet should not be less than 80%. For pallets, there are the following requirements:
1. Wooden, paper and metal containers and other rigid straight goods are stacked in a single or multi-layer staggered manner, and packed with stretch or shrink film;
2. Paper or fiber goods are stacked in single layer and multi-layer, and sealed with cross ties.
3. Cylindrical goods such as sealed metal containers are stacked in single or multiple layers, and reinforced with wooden cargo covers.
4. The paper products and textile goods that need to be protected from moisture and water should be stacked in a single or multi-layer staggered way, and the reinforced structures such as angle support, cargo cover and partition board should be added for the stretched or shrink film packaging goods;
5. Fragile goods are stacked in single layer or multi-layer, and wooden supporting partition structure is added
6. Metal cylinder containers or goods are stacked vertically in single layer, and cargo frames and slats are added to reinforce the structure;
7. Bag goods are stacked and compacted in layers.
（3） Fixed way of pallet carrying goods
The goods carried by pallets can be fixed mainly by binding, gluing and stretching, and can be used together with each other.
（4）Protection and reinforcement of pallets carrying goods
If the goods carried on the pallet can not meet the transportation requirements after being fixed, the protective and reinforcing accessories should be selected according to the needs. Reinforced protective accessories are made of paper, wood, plastic, metal or other materials.
（5）pallet, forklift, shelf, etc
1. In the process of using pallet for hydraulic truck and forklift truck, the distance between fork teeth should be as wide as possible to the outer edge of the fork inlet of pallet, and the depth of fork should be more than 2 / 3 of the whole pallet depth.
2. Hydraulic trucks and forklifts should keep constant speed in advance and retreat and up and down in the process of pallet movement, so as to avoid damage of pallet and collapse of goods caused by sudden brake and rotation.
3. When the pallet is put on the shelf, the tray should be placed stably on the rack beam, and the length of the tray should be more than 50 mm larger than the outer diameter of the rack beam.