Tic-tac-toe (also known as noughts and crosses) is a fun and widely-played game for two people. The rules are simple: each player takes it in turns to place a counter in the grid with the aim of getting three of their counters in a row (up, down or diagonally). Here, we show you how you can make a nature-inspired version of the game that also involves a bit of arts and crafts to get started play tic tac toe.
What you will need:
- Stones x10 (or other natural objects such as 5 pinecones and 5 leaves)
- Sticks x4
- Pens or paint
- Clear varnish to finish (optional).
How to make your tic-tac-toe game:
- Choose two different designs (we’ve chosen bumblebees and ladybirds) and colour or paint the designs onto your stones. You should have five of each design.
- Wait for the paint to dry and apply the varnish if you would like to make them shower-proof.
- Make your game board by placing the four sticks in a grid (they can be tied together if you wish).
- This game grid can be drawn if you prefer (on paper with pen or on the ground with chalk).
It’s time for tic-tac-toe!