Everyone that buy a painting or has a nice photograph or a portrait made of their family may also need to have that work framed. Framing requires a specialized skill set that includes having craft-person talents, the ability to do simple carpentry, to know how to safely run a table saw, and have a good eye for pleasing aesthetic designs. You will need to understand color combinations and how to make a painting or a photo nicely framed to fit in well with the intended surroundings.
Start a picture framing business by following these 10 steps:
- Plan your Picture Framing Business
- Form your Picture Framing Business into a Legal Entity
- Register your Picture Framing Business for Taxes
- Open a Business Bank Account Credit Card
- Set up Accounting for your Picture Framing Business
- Get the Necessary Permits Licenses for your Picture Framing Business
- Get Picture Framing Business Insurance
- Define your Picture Framing Business Brand
- Create your Picture Framing Business Website
- Set up your Business Phone System
You can sell art and framed photographs as well as the online picture framing services. Have artists do custom work on commission, hang artwork on the walls that are for sale on a consignment basis (you only pay for it, if it sells), and have the artists make in-store appearances to generate higher sales volumes. Work with interior designers and other local art galleries to expand your good reputation. Sell your products at wholesale for others to re-sell at retail. Market your products on the Internet.