So, your garbage disposal stopped working. You searched Google and found this how-to instruction to get your disposal working again. We would love to help you and save you some money in the process.
It is easy to reset in three simple steps:
· Step 1: Turn the garbage disposal off
· Step 2: Press the red reset button on the underside of the disposal. You may use a mirror to help you locate the red button. If the red button does not stay retracted, wait for 10 minutes and try again.
· Step 3: With the reset button on, turn on the water, and switch on the garbage disposal. It should perfectly work.
What if it still doesn’t work?
If the reset button does not stay in, there could be a bigger underlying problem. The grinding plate or wall likely needs to be freed in order to spin freely. This can be done following these steps:
· Step 1: Turn off the garbage disposal switch and unplug it from the wall outlet under the sink.
· Step 2: Using a disposal wrench, insert a toll in the central opening in the bathroom of an appliance. You may use a quarter-inch hex key to release the jam. Rotate it back and forth for it to work and release the jam.
· Step 3: Insert a wooden plunger handle into the garbage disposal through the drain opening in the sink and rotate the grinding plate at the bottom of the disposal until the jam is released.
· Step 4: Plug the garbage disposal back and turn on cold water. Allow it to flow into the disposal for some time.
· Step 5: Press the reset button. Your garbage disposal should work. If the reset button does not work, try it again after 10 minutes.
If all the above steps fail, it’s best to call in an expert. Give Service Pro Plumbing a call at (360) 342-4425 and we will come to the rescue.