Which vehicles can be driven with category C
A category C driving license gives you the right to drive trucks with a mass of more than 3.5 tons: light and medium trucks without a trailer or with a trailer weighing up to 750 kg. It is allowed to carry no more than 8 passengers.
Category C has 3 subcategories - CE, C1, C1E:
- subcategory CE allows you to drive category C vehicles with a trailer weighing more than 750 kg;
- subcategory C1 - medium cargo vehicles weighing from 3.5 to 7.5 tons with a trailer up to 750 kg. "Opens" automatically upon receipt of category C rights.
- subcategory C1E - cargo vehicles of category C1 with a trailer weighing more than 750 kg, provided that the mass of the entire train does not exceed 12 tons.
Important: Additional training is required to obtain the CE subcategory. Drivers aged 21 years and older with at least 1 year of driving experience in category C vehicles are allowed to study.
What you need to get a category C license if you have a category B license
- be over 18 years of age;
- have category B ;
- have no medical contraindications and pass a medical examination. It is important to remember that the requirements for category C drivers are somewhat stricter than for category B drivers. For example, visual acuity (1.0, 0.9 is considered the norm) for category C drivers for a better eye should be at least 0.8 worst - not less than 0.4. The driver also should not have hearing diseases, as a result of which it is difficult for him to perceive spoken language within 3 m, and other contraindications.
- choose a good driving school.
How to get category C driving license in Vladivostok
We start by choosing a driving school.
It is worth adding that not all driving schools in Vladivostok provide the opportunity to study for category C, so carefully study the list of categories on the websites. Then we proceed as usual. Find out what is included in the training and how much it costs, where the racetracks and training classes are located in order to understand whether it will be convenient to get there, how well the driving school's fleet is equipped, read student reviews about teachers and instructors.
What is included in the training for category C?
- a full theoretical and practical course of study, including: the device and maintenance of a category C vehicle, the basics of managing a category C vehicle, the organization and implementation of freight traffic, driving a category C vehicle (manual transmission);
- initial qualifying examination.