Treatment Approaches For Chronic Wounds
Chronic wounds are those that take a significant amount of time to heal properly like months and require advanced medical care & attention instead of traditional treatment. In simple words, when a minor or acute wound becomes infected and doesn’t heal within weeks or months, it is a chronic wound.
Factors contributing to a chronic wound include:
1. Surgical wounds that are reopen
2. Constant/extreme pressure on a significant body part especially the bony area ie. Pressure Ulcer.
3. Lack of blood supply to the foot and back to the heart due to venous insufficiency known as Venous Ulceration and requires an appointment with a venous ulcer specialist.
4. Increased bacterial invasion
5. Inappropriate treatment
6. Any underlying medical conditions such as high BP
8. Smoking habits
9. Poor diet
10. Fewer body movements etc.
Read more: https://woundcaresurgeons34025....8783.wordpress.com/2
#chronicwounds #woundcaretreatmentcalifornia #venouslegulcerspecialist #wounds #legulcerwoundtreatment